Summertime is coming and the warm weather is one of many great reasons to enjoy delicious Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling. The noble Riesling grape is unique among all varietals for its unsurpassed versatility. And Chateau Ste. Michelle brings Riesling to a very high level, serving beautifully both as a refreshing sipping wine and as a phenomenal complement to an almost endless range of foods. That’s because this varietal delivers a rush of fresh, yet complex fruit notes balanced by a crisp acidity. In other words…yum.
So, if you’re looking for a crisp, quenching and totally versatile wine, Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling – in three glorious styles – is it!
CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE RIESLING STYLES
RIESLING NEAR YOU
This summer, Chateau Ste. Michelle is bringing its Riesling to the people with a series of exciting tasting events across the country.
- Ybor Aficionado Days – April 14th 6:30 pm – 9 pm
- H-E-B Wine Walk – June 7th 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
St. Louis, Missouri
- Sauce Readers’ Choice Party – June 24th 5 pm – 10 pm
- Gathering on the Green – July 13th – July 14th
- Cleveland Wine Festival Presented by Giant Eagle – July 27th – 28th
- ?Richmond Jazz Festival – August 11th – 12th
CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE KNOWS RIESLING
Chateau Ste. Michelle winery was among the first to plant Riesling in Washington state more than 40 years ago, and continues to champion the grape to this day; helping to usher in its recent rise in popularity. Wine connoisseurs around the world are currently enjoying a “Riesling Renaissance” with Chateau Ste. Michelle producing the #1 selling Riesling in America. Riesling is more than just sweet – the varietal offers styles for every meal, with a natural balance of acidity and sugar, lightness of alcohol, and fruit-forward flavors.
Riesling is great as a sipping wine on its own, but its versatility is what makes it the perfect food wine. From tapas and appetizers to fish or poultry, and almost anything in between, Chateau Ste. Michelle has you covered making every meal special. Try it with hearty mains (like dishes with chili-laced sauces and spicy marinades), sides such as roasted root vegetables, or fresh oysters and appetizers of cured meats and cheeses. The choice of Riesling styles makes them capable of bringing out the best in every menu, including the spice and zest of Asian, Mexican, Indian and more.
RIESLING TASTE PROFILE
Riesling boasts a wide range of styles, and the IRF (International Riesling Foundation) has come up with a simple, consumer-friendly system for predicting the taste in a particular bottle of Riesling – the “Riesling Taste Profile.” This system uses voluntary technical guidelines for wine makers and winery owners to help describe their wines for consumers; and four options (Dry, Medium Dry, Medium Sweet, and Sweet) that may be used on a back label and beyond. See an example in the photos above.
Here are just some of the many “Reasons For Riesling”:
- Riesling is the world’s greatest food wine enhancing almost every food including, spicy, hot, intense and salty flavors because of its light sweetness/acid balance.
- Rieslings are unoaked allowing them to retain elegant fruity character and refreshing acidity. Enjoy!
- Number 1-selling Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Valley Riesling Vineyards are in Washington state; known for warm days and cool nights essential to develop ripe flavors and refreshing acidity. Delicious!
- In the mid-late 1700s, European monasteries were the driving force behind Riesling cultivation and winemaking technologies (good to know when you’re enjoying a glass of Riesling with friends).
- Riesling is made in different styles from bone dry to honey sweet. Choose your style and fall in love.
HOW TO ENJOY CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE RIESLING
- Wondering what Riesling would go best with dinner tonight? Or what kind of dish will best complement that bottle you've been saving? My Pairings goes beyond offering simple recommendations to help you understand why some foods and wines complement each other - and why others don't: http://mypairings.ste-michelle.com/
- Plus, check out Featured Recipes on the Chateau Ste. Michelle website: http://www.ste-michelle.com/wineFood/featuredRecipes
ABOUT CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE
Founded in 1934, Chateau Ste. Michelle pioneered vinifera grape growing in Washington State and has been producing classic European varietal wines under the Ste. Michelle label since 1967. The winery combines an ongoing dedication to research with a commitment to classic winemaking traditions. The winery owns 3,500 acres of vineyards in the Columbia Valley of eastern Washington, including Canoe Ridge Estate and Cold Creek, which are LIVE and Salmon Safe Certified. Chateau Ste. Michelle enjoys winemaking partnerships with two of the world’s most distinguished vintners. Col Solare is an alliance with Tuscany’s Piero Antinori and Eroica Riesling is a partnership with the Mosel’s Ernst Loosen. For more, visit http://www.ste-michelle.com