Healthdom announces the launch of its eponymous preventive health platform.
Healthdom aims to prevent many illnesses by timely administration of individualized preventative procedures on the basis of genomic, behavioural and demographic data.
After more than a year in stealth mode, the company launched an app, which gathers data from various dimensions to prepare a personalized prevention plan, which acts like a guardian angel app, that reminds people to do the right screening at the right time.
Example of how Healthdom works
- If you have a BRCA1 or 2 genetic mutation, Healthdom will find out about it through its high- quality DNA test and will keep sending you to more frequent mammography tests. It will also initiate the screenings immediately v. at the age of 40.
- If your family has a history of colorectal cancer, Healthdom will administer you colonoscopy at the age of 40 rather than 50 and will increase the frequency of the tests to every 5 years from every 10 years, so that you have the best chances to fight potential cancer.
- If you do not do much exercise (<150 mins a week, which is the recommended level), Healthdom will detect it from your phone or Fitbit, and you will be sent more frequently to blood pressure and glucose tests, to catch any potential signals of development of diabetes or hypertension, to give you time to react and counter potential disease.
- Combination of data from genetic, behavioural and demographic spheres creates a much powerful insight than usual, non-individualized screenings.
- Healthdom algorithms are based on large, curated medical research of list of official recommendations from various institutions as well as newly available, verified resources. Genetics provides additional layer of sophistication. All this knowledge is then combined to provide personalized recommendations, taking advantage of various specific facts, such as:
- Compliance with top 3 preventive procedures (lung CAT scan, colonoscopy, flu shot) reduce mortality by 3.7%
- Increasing activity level from 150 mins to 200 minutes a week reduces risk of cardiovascular disease by 50%
- Nuts-heavy diet reduces overall mortality risk by 24%
- Those recommendations are served to the user in a small, “digestible” tasks, which are relatively easy to complete. Healthdom leverages gamification for maximization of compliance with prevention guidelines and uses peer benchmarking to reinforce such habit.
Healthdom product is different than existing solutions in the market due to:
- Preventive mindset - the app is built around preventive approach, which means that Healthdom is the first to know about any potential symptoms, before those symptoms even arrive. This allows direction and control of user pathways.
- Integrated, multidimensional approach – Healthdom has the deepest, most holistic personalization engine, with more individualization criteria than any other consumer solution in the market, embedding behavioral, demographic and genetic data.
- Highest quality of DNA testing – Healthdom uses the high-quality ACMG59 genetic test as the basis of genomic insights into preventions. This is more than 3x broader and 11x deeper than 23andMe, as Healthdom covers 59 genes v. 17 at 23andMe, and tests against approximately 11,000 mutations v. 1,000 at 23andMe. Color genomics tests offers also less medical insights and depth for the same price of the test.
Healthdom was created by an interdisciplinary, passionate team of scientists, doctors, computer science specialists and businessmen, who believe that we are losing too many lives to causes that are completely avoidable. Integration of the knowledge from those various sources makes Healthdom unique.