Atlanta – May 8, 2012 – MMD, the exclusive licensee for Philips Commercial Signage and Philips Monitors worldwide, announced the launch of a full line of touch displays for the North American market.
The new Philips Touch Series consists of 10 different products developed for the Retail, Quick Service Restaurant, Hospitality, Healthcare and Transportation industries. Available in 32”, 42”, 46”, 55” and 65” sizes, each model is built to deliver 24/7 commercial-grade reliability.
The new Philips Touch Series include the following touch technologies:
- Optical Sensing Dual-Touch: The Optical Sensing Dual Camera system allows for 2 simultaneous touch points at the same time. This technology is ideal for digital signage implementations in point-of-sale, restaurant, and kiosks.
- Infrared Sensing Multi-Touch: The Infrared Sensing Multi-Touch technology allows for multiple simultaneous touch points at the same time. This technology is ideal for large screen digital signage implementations in boardroom, retail environments, and public information kiosks.
Both technologies are embedded in the display, requiring no upgrades or component changes, lowering the total cost of ownership. For larger digital signage implementations, users have the ability to scale their touch needs through multiple video wall touch systems. The new Philips Touch Series is capable of 92” and larger video wall/ table touch configurations.
"Large format touch has truly entered the main stream with respect to digital signage configurations, almost everything we work on today has a component of interactivity, we felt the time was right to offer our customer base a full line of touch enabled surfaces to author on. With the new Philips Touch Series we are ready for the future," explained Craig Rathbun, Sales and Marketing Director for MMD, exclusive licensee for Philips Commercial Signage in North America.
The Philips Touch Series offers a full line of models with Intel’s Open Pluggable Specification (OPS), an industry standard interface that allows users to insert an internal PC into a Philips digital signage display. By adding an OPS PC, users can deploy systems faster and in higher volumes, while lowering costs for implementation. The OPS PC modules themselves require no optional connections, simply insert the module and begin using the touch functions.
The Philips Touch Series includes standard features found on every Philips Commercial Signage model including Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, RS232 for remote management through a network, and SmartPower to reduce power consumption up to 50 percent.
Below is a full product line of the new Philips Touch Series:
Optical Sensing – Dual-Touch
- 32” Dual-Touch HD LCD Display (BDL3245DT/27)
- 42” Dual-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL4245DT/27)
- 46” Dual-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL4645DT/27)
- 55” Dual-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL5545DT/27)
- 55” Dual-Touch HD LCD Display (BDL5571DT/27)
Infrared Sensing –Multi-Touch
- 42” Multi-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL4245AT/27)
- 46” Multi-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL4645AT/27)
- 55” Multi-Touch HD LCD Display with OPS (BDL5545AT/27)
- 55” Multi-Touch HD LED Display (BDL5530AT/27)
- 65” Multi-Touch HD LCD Display (BDL6531AT/27)
The new Philips Touch Series will be available in June 2012 through all MMD business partners. MMD will be showcasing the new Philips Touch Series at InfoComm 2012 June 13-15, 2012 at the Las Vegas Convention Center Booth #C5853. For further information on the new Philips Touch Series or to setup a InfoComm appointment please direct all inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MMD is a subsidiary of TPV Technology Limited and is the exclusive licensee for Philips Commercial Signage and Philips Monitors worldwide. By combining the Philips brand promise with TPV’s manufacturing expertise in displays, MMD uses a fast and focused approach to bringing innovative products to market. MMD operates internationally with its North American headquarters in Atlanta. Through its network of local sales agents MMD works with several IT distributors and resellers. The company’s design and development centers are located in Taiwan and Amsterdam.
Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
MMD Multimedia Displays
Philips Commercial Signage