New restaurant will feature 16 beer taps and Wisconsin-inspired food in a Kansas City Live! Block space with newly built beer garden and main entrance
KANSAS CITY, MO (March 3, 2016) – Leinenkugel’s Kansas City opens to the public March 7 at 1323 Walnut Street in the heart of downtown Kansas City in the Power & Light District. It is located on the first level of the Kansas City Live! Block with a newly constructed entrance on Walnut Street, as well as an existing entrance inside the KC Live! Block. The restaurant’s exterior beer garden is also newly constructed, featuring a two-sided fireplace, soft seating and lush landscaping.
Leinenkugel’s will be open for lunch and dinner service. Hours will be Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m-10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 11 a.m.-2 a.m.; and Sunday, noon-10 p.m. Happy hour will run 4-7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and a late night happy hour will be offered from 10 p.m. until close every night.
The creation of the diverse food menu comes from the collaboration of Executive Chef Matt Livers and the Leinenkugel family and features dishes inspired by the Leinenkugel’s Wisconsin heritage. Livers, a former operating partner at The Capital Grille and executive chef at J. Alexanders in Florida, will manage the culinary operations for the restaurant.
Eric Flanagan accompanies Livers at the helm as the general manager and will lead Leinenkugel’s front-of-house operations. A certified Cicerone, Flanagan will lead Leinenkugel’s beer program, as well. Prior to joining the team, Flanagan was the general manager at Westport Ale House where he oversaw a rooftop addition, new food menu and expanded beer program.
Leinenkugel’s strives to blend the Wisconsin heritage of the Leinenkugel’s brand with the Kansas City farm-to-table scene.
Distinctive Appetizers, Soups & Salads
· Crispy Fish Sliders- Beer battered cod, malted tomatoes, shredded cabbage
· Loaded Guacamole- Pork belly, corn, kimchi salsa, black truffle crema, served with tortilla chips
· Mini Bratwurst Sliders- Three bratwursts with caraway sauerkraut, Leinenkugel’s beer mustard on a warm hoagie bun
· Loaded Baker Poutine- Crispy fries, cheese curds, brown gravy, bacon, and sour cream
· Wisconsin’s Chicken “Booyah” Soup- Simmered chicken, beef, pork, peas, northern beans, cabbage, carrots, celery, potatoes, and tomatoes
Distinctive Tacos, Burgers & Sandwiches
· Lobster Street Tacos- Sautéed lobster, avocado, shaved cabbage, served with lime aioli and salsa
· Leinenkugel’s Fish Tacos- Crispy beer battered cod with cotija cheese, pickled onion, avocado, shaved cabbage, lime aioli and salsa
· Reuben Bratwurst- Grilled bratwurst on a hoagie bun with thousand island, melted Swiss cheese and caraway sauerkraut. Served with French fries.
· BBQ Brisket Burger- Brisket, Leinenkugel’s BBQ sauce, white cheddar cheese
· Steak and Shrimp- 10 oz. USDA Choice top sirloin, house steak rub, Cajun shrimp, asparagus and mashed potatoes
· North Atlantic Salmon- Pan roasted, BBQ rub, cheese grits, grilled asparagus, lemon mosto
· Beer Battered Fish and Chips- Beer battered cod served with Old Bay seasoned fries, tangy coleslaw and malt vinegar aioli
· Monkey Bread- Cinnamon apple brioche and vanilla ice cream
· Chocolate Crunch Cake- With vanilla bean ice cream and seasonal berries
· Leinenkugel’s Berry Weiss Float - Hand-dipped vanilla bean ice cream with Leinenkugel’s Berry Weiss
The Leinenkugel’s beer focused drink menu will include beer cocktails, beer blends, specialty beer features, 16 different beer taps, 30 bottled beer options, featured cocktails and specialty wines.
· Smoke and a Beer- Mezcal , fresh lime juice, celery bitters, Cholula, Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat
· Grapefruit League- Smirnoff Grapefruit Vodka, Ginger Beer, fresh lime juice, Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy
· Tequila Sunset- El Jimador blanco tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh lime juice, cherry syrup, Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy
· Honey Weiss Sour- Bulleit bourbon, orange marmalade, orange bitters, lemon, Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss
· Aperol Mist- Aperol Italian liqueur, lemon juice, Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat
· Black Bear – Creamy Dark with a splash of Berry Weiss
· Bumble Bee – 1/4 Creamy Dark and ¾ Honey Weiss
· Honey Bear – Equal parts Honey Weiss and Berry Weiss
· Pink Lemonade – Combine equal parts Summer Shandy and Berry Weiss
· Sunny Bear – Combine 4/5 Sunset Wheat and 1/5 Berry Weiss, garnished with an orange peel
Specialty Beer Features
· Creamy Dark Ice Cream Float- Leinenkugel’s Creamy Dark, two scoops of coffee-flavored ice cream
· Blood Orange Beermosa- Prosecco Italian sparkling white wine, blood orange juice, Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat
· Flash in the Pan- Gin, grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice, tart cherry syrup, mint, crushed black pepper
· Sorghum Sour- Jack Daniel’s, lemon juice, sorghum syrup, Angostura bitters
· Mezcal Raspberry Bramble- Mezcal, lemon sour, raspberry syrup, fresh raspberries, crushed black pepper
· Peach Julep- Bourbon, peach syrup, Angostura bitters, mint
Distinctive Draft Beers
· Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy
· Leinenkugel’s Grapefruit Shandy
· Leinenkugel’s Seasonal (Beergarten Tart)
· Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy
· Leinenkugel’s Creamy Dark
· Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss
· Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat
· Boulevard Tank 7
· Boulevard Seasonal (Irish)
· Martin Brewing Company City Abbey
· Crane Brewing Apricot Weiss
Daily Weekday Happy Hour
Leinenkugel’s offers happy hour Monday through Friday from 4-7 p.m.
Late Night Happy Hour
Late night happy hour at Leinenkugel’s features a great selection of $5 food items every night from 10 p.m. to close.
About the Kansas City Power & Light District
The Kansas City Power & Light District is a vibrant eight-block neighborhood in the heart of downtown Kansas City linking together the Bartle Hall Convention Center, Sprint Center, offices, hotels, entertainment, cultural destinations and residential communities. The District is home to the brand-new One Light Luxury Apartments, Kansas City Live! Block, Arvest Bank Theater at the Midland, Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet Theater, the international headquarters of H&R Block and more. The combination of dining, entertainment, shopping, nightlife and residential within the Power & Light District’s imaginative and innovative design, has created an intriguing 24/7 neighborhood. For more information on the Kansas City Power & Light District, visit www.PowerAndLightDistrict.com