Baby Food in Portugal is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. The market for baby food in Portugal has been suffering in recent years as a result of a sharp decline in the number of births. Until 2005, cereals was the largest sector in the Portuguese baby food market, but in 2006 it was overtaken by wet meals, a trend subsequently maintained. As a result, in 2015 the market divided in volume terms into 34.9% baby meals, 32.3% cereals, 32.1% baby milks, and 0.2% baby drinks and finger foods. In value terms, however, wet meals and cereals rank well behind infant formulae. In 2015 the market actually increased for the first time since 2009, and this offers manufacturers some hope for the future.
- The market for baby food in Portugal has stalled in recent years, due both to the very poor economic situation and to the low level of births. Overall baby food consumption in 2015 is 18.4% less than in 2009.
- In 2015, the largest section of the market was baby meals, with 34.9%. Baby cereals have marginally moved ahead of baby milks, with volume shares of 32.3% and 32.1% respectively.
- In 2015, pharmacies accounted for less than 10% of baby food sales, approximately half of their share in 2000. Food retailers now represent the bulk of baby food sales, at over 90%, and their strength in this market is steadily growing.
- The supply of baby food in Portugal is now in the hands of two major manufacturers, Nestlé and Danone. Nestlé is in the lead with a 45.1% share of value and an even higher 50.7% of volume sales.
To access full report with TOC, please visit Baby Food in Portugal.
“Baby Food in Portugal” is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Portugal market.
This report Offers:
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Nestlé Portugal Danone/MilupaComercial SA Alter SA LaboratóriosVitória SA Mead Johnson
Manager - Marketing
Reportstack Market Research