The phrase “location is everything” applies as much to the film industry as it does to the real estate biz. A great setting can help movie producers bring their vision to the big screen. Credits that keep Colorado destinations like Glenwood Springs on Hollywood’s location A-list include 300 days of blue skies per year, jaw-dropping topography and historic attractions.
The Colorado Office of Film, Television & Media (“COFTM”) lists 9 films that include scenes shot in or around Glenwood Springs, Colorado. In 1926, The Great K & A Train Robbery starring Tom Mix was one of the first movies ever filmed in Colorado; it featured scenes in Glenwood Canyon and at the historic Glenwood Springs Train Depot, two locations that continue to draw Hollywood’s eye.
Movies featuring Glenwood Springs, Colorado include:
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- For Love of the Game starring Kevin Costner and Kelly Preston
- Tall Tale with Patrick Swayze and Oliver Platt
- Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, a Steven Seagal movie that also featured Katherine Heigl
- Flashback with Dennis Hopper, Kiefer Sutherland and Carol Kane
- Messenger of Death starring Charles Bronson
- Vanishing Point, a 1970s cult hit
- Pressure Point starring Hollywood greats Sydney Poitier, Bobby Darrin and Peter Falk
- The Great K & A Train Robbery starring the original Hollywood cowboy, Tom Mix
Find out more fun facts about Glenwood Springs and book reservations by visiting www.visitglenwood.com.
PHOTO: A crew filming in Glenwood Canyon for the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith is featured on the cover of trade publication "Production Update" in 2004.
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online Media Room is available at www.visitglenwood.com/media and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/media/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.