The ASPCA mobile app will also allow pet owners to store vital medical records, and it will provide information on making life-saving decisions during natural disasters. Specific app features include:
- A personalized missing pet recovery kit, including step-by-step instructions on how to search for a lost animal in a variety of circumstances. This kit was developed by ASPCA pet care experts and based on the latest field research.
- The ability to build a lost pet digital flyer that can be shared instantly on social media channels.
- Access critical advice – even if there’s no data connectivity – on ensuring pet’s safety before, during, and after a major storm or disaster.
- Store and manage pet’s health records.
- Timely, relevant updates from the ASPCA about the latest in pet news and animal welfare.
- Built-in ASPCA Twitter and Instagram feeds.
The app can be downloaded for free on the App Store for iPhone devices and on Google Play for Android devices.