NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. DESCRIPTION: The Enjoy Holidays Better Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") will take place from December 4, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) through December 20, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of four (4) separate “Entry Periods” as described in the chart below to award one (1) prize at the end of each Entry Period. Additionally, one (1) eligible 501(c)(3) (each an “Eligible Charity” and collectively, the “Eligible Charities”) will be selected at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period from among all Eligible Charities who enter in accordance with these Official Rules to win the Charity Prize, as described below. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Time Warner Cable, 1320 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53212 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
The Entry Periods are as follows:
Entry Period # Start Date
at 12:01 a.m. CT End Date
at 11:59 p.m. CT
1 December 4, 2012 December 6, 2012
2 December 10, 2012 December 13, 2012
3 December 17, 2012 December 20, 2012
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and reside in the Time Warner Cable Kansas City service area and are Time Warner Cable Customers as of December 3, 2012 are eligible to enter. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Time Warner Cable Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must be a registered user of Twitter and a follower of @TWCable_KC. Registration is free and available at www.Twitter.com. During each Entry Period, Tweet why you should win the prize associated with that Entry Period along with the hashtag #EnjoyHolidaysBetter and @TWCable_KC to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing associated with the corresponding Entry Period. You must include #EnjoyHolidaysBetter and @TWCable_KC for your entry to be included in the random drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “day” is defined as each twenty-four (24) hour period during the Sweepstakes Period beginning at 12:01 a.m. CT and ending at 11:59 p.m. CT.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE CHARITY DRAWING: Eligible Charities may enter the Charity Drawing by Re-Tweeting their favorite entry in each Entry Period. Limit one (1) Re-Tweet/Entry per Eligible Charity per day during each Entry Period. For purposes of these Official Rules, an “Eligible Charity” must hold tax-exempt status recognized by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be based in the Time Warner Cable Kansas City service area EXCLUDING the following: (i) organizations not recognized as tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service; (ii) organizations that practice discrimination by race, creed, color, sex, age or national origin; (iii) organizations that serve only their own memberships (such as fraternal organizations, pageants, labor organizations or religious groups); and (iv) organizations affiliated with political parties, political candidates, lobbyist activities, publications or advertising. The individual entering on behalf of the Eligible Charity MUST be an official representative of the Eligible Charity who is legally able to bind the Eligible Charity.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of each Entry Period, one (1) prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the corresponding Entry Period. Non-winning entries WILL NOT roll over to subsequent drawings. At the end of the Promotion Period, the Charity Drawing winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The prize winners will be notified by direct message on Twitter. The selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
One (1) Entry Period #1 Prize is available. The Entry Period #1 Prize consists of the services of a personal shopper and gift wrapping services and a $700 gift shopping allowance at one two retailers of Sponsor’s choice. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Entry Period #1 Prize is $1,220.
One (1) Entry Period #2 Prize is available. The Entry Period #2 Prize consists of a catered lunch for the winner and up to 20 co-workers. In the event the winner’s company does not allow the catered lunch to take place or the winner is self-employed, the catered lunch may take place at an alternate location selected by Sponsor. The ARV of the Entry Period #2 Prize is $500. The Entry Period #2 Prize must take place by Friday, December 21.
One (1) Entry Period #3 Prize is available. The Entry Period #3 Prize consists of breakfast with Santa for winner’s child and up to 25 classmates. Winner must be parent or legal guardian of child between the ages of 3-12 or prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will coordinate with child’s school to arrange the breakfast. In the event winner’s child’s school does not allow the breakfast for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to provide winner with an alternate prize of equal or greater value.
One (1) Charity Drawing Prize is available. The Charity Drawing Prize consists of a $1,000 donation to the selected Eligible Charity and a catered lunch for up to 20 of the winning Eligible Charity’s staff and/or volunteers.
7. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Prize winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents prior to claiming Grand Prize, winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. GENERAL: Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: Any legally required winners’ list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Enjoy Holidays Better Sweepstakes Winners, 1320 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53212. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
TWEET AND TWITTER ARE TRADEMARKS OF TWITTER, INC. TWITTER.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COLLECTION, SUBMISSION OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES OR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND IS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY.
Time Warner Cable is a trademark of Time Warner Inc. Used under license.